- You cannot add "William IV Rosewood Library or Writing Table Firmly Attributed to Gillows" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
William IV rosewood library table attributed to Gillows
A fine William IV rosewood library table attributed to Gillows of Lancaster and London.
Gillows of Lancaster and London, also known as Gillow & Co., was an English furniture making firm based in Lancaster, Lancashire, and in London. It was founded around in Lancaster in about 1730 by Robert Gillow (1704–1772)
Gillows was owned by the family until 1814 when it was taken over by Redmayne, Whiteside, and Ferguson; they continued to use the Gillow name. Gillows furniture was a byword for quality, and other designers used Gillows to manufacture their furniture. Gillows furniture is referred to by Jane Austen, Thackeray and the first Lord Lytton, and in one of Gilbert and Sullivan’s comic operas. In 1903 Gillows merged with Warings of Liverpool to become Waring and Gillow and although the furniture remained of a high quality it was not considered as prestigious.
Stock number; 3375
Size; 70 cm deep x 137 wide x 75 high.